More Ways to Give
Daniel first discovered his love of animals while working with the dogs at Project POOCH. After he left MacLaren, he found an internship with a vet clinic and is now studying to be a vet technician so that he can save more animals and “speak for them since they can’t speak for themselves.” Daniel is making a positive difference in the world thanks to the support you gave him during the time he was incarcerated.
Project POOCH is funded entirely by individual donations and private foundations and receives no direct government funding. We use donations for operational costs, spay and neutering costs, veterinary care for the dogs, dog food and supplies, training curricula and materials, and support of the youth as they develop their skills.
Every gift large or small makes a difference, and we thank you for your support.
Project POOCH, Inc. is recognized by the IRS as a 501 (c) (3) charitable organization, Tax ID # 93-1252054.
In addition to monetary gifts, we rely on the generosity of our community to help with in-kind donations. Your gifts in kind will ensure the health, comfort, and safety of the dogs and youth in our program, and help keep our administrative costs down so more of our resources can be dedicated directly to our mission.
- Items may be dropped off at our Outreach Office at 15800 Boones Ferry Rd. Suite A2 Lake Oswego. We are typically open from 10 a.m.–4 p.m. Monday–Friday, but please call ahead to 503-697-0623 to schedule a time to drop off donated items. A tax receipt will be provided upon request.
- You can also purchase items we need from our Amazon Wish List, to be shipped directly to us. Bonus: you can share it with your family, friends, and coworkers! For double the impact you can log into AmazonSmile first and then select Project POOCH on the “Wish List” drop-down list in the upper right-hand corner!
- Consider hosting a Donation Drive in your office or social club. We can provide you with a printed Wish List and our logo to help promote your drive! If you’re interested, contact us at email@example.com
Leave a Legacy of Compassion
One of the lasting ways you can support us is to include Project POOCH, Inc. in your will. It is very easy and only requires you to include some specific language in your will to designate Project POOCH, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, as a beneficiary. You can make an outright bequest by leaving a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your estate. Here is example bequest language to get you started:
I give, devise, and bequeath to Project POOCH, Inc., EIN: 93-1252054, PO BOX 305, Lake Oswego OR 970305, ______% of my estate or the sum of $____________ (or describe stocks, bonds, life insurance, or other assets) to be used for the general purpose of helping incarcerated youth learn patience, responsibility and compassion by socializing, training and helping rehome shelter dogs.
Help POOCH in a simple way—collect your recyclable bottles & cans! We provide blue BottleDrop bags with special stickers with our account on them. You fill up the bag, stick the sticker on, and take it to any BottleDrop location or drop it off at our Lake Oswego office. No sorting, no icky soda hands, and supporting youth and shelter dogs. A win-win!
At BottleDrop, you will scan the barcode on each bag to open the bin. This ensures that the proceeds go straight to Project POOCH so we can help more youth and dogs! You can locate a BottleDrop location that is close to you through this link. Check the box for your current location or enter your zip code, then select either “Drop Green or Blue Bags” or “Find a full-service Bottle Drop Redemption Center.” Chances are good that there is one very close to where you live!
Facebook Birthday or Event Fundraisers
Create a Facebook Fundraiser, for your birthday or just because! Facebook fundraisers are an easy and no-hassle way to support POOCH and share your passion with friends and family. Since POOCH is a nonprofit, Facebook covers the credit card processing fees, so the entire donation comes directly to us. The process is quick and easy:
- Go to the Project POOCH Facebook page
- Click on Fundraisers
- Once there, click on Raise Money
- Follow the prompts to enter your information.
- Write an appeal to your friend
- Upload your own photo if desired
- Hit Create and monitor your progress and re-post as needed.
Start one today at Facebook Fundraisers
Fred Meyer Rewards
Do you shop at Fred Meyer? Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to Project POOCH at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for us by our name: Project POOCH or by our non-profit number: DQ723. Then, every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping Project POOCH earn a donation! And yes, you still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, just as you do today.
- Go to fredmeyer.com
- Login to your account
- One logged in click on My Account
- Click on Community Rewards
- Enter Project POOCH into the search bar
- Click Enroll (note: our organization number is DQ723)