Why Do We Need Your Support?
Project POOCH is very grateful to the MacLaren Youth Correctional Facility and the Oregon Youth Authority for their invaluable partnership support. MacLaren provides all the kennel and training space for Project POOCH free of charge. This allows us to focus our resources on spay and neutering costs, veterinary care for the dogs, dog food and supplies, training curricula and materials, and support of the youth as they develop their skills.
Project POOCH is funded entirely by individual donations and private foundations and receives no direct government funding. Every gift large or small makes a difference, and we thank you for your support.
Project POOCH, Inc. is recognized by the IRS as a 501 (c) (3) charitable organization, Tax ID # 93-1252054.
Love Dogs? Care about Youth? Want to help homeless dogs and youth in corrections get a new leash on life? There are several ways you can help the dogs and the youth at Project POOCH, Inc.®
- Make a direct gift
You can do so by making a secure, online donation, or by mailing a check to Project POOCH, Outreach Office, PO Box 305, Lake Oswego, OR 97034. You can make a gift in honor or memory of someone and if you'd like, we'll send notification of your gift to them or their family.
- Become a Monthly Paw-scriber
You can save paper, stamps, and the bother of writing checks or going to the post office by setting up an automatic monthly gift.
- Be a POOCH Partner
We believe one of the best ways to succeed is to build win-win partnerships with businesses and organizations in our community. If you own or know of a business interested in partnering with us and supporting our work, please email DeVida at DeVida@pooch.org or call her at 503.697.0623. Whether it be a benefit day/night, sponsoring an event, donating goods or services, or inviting us to provide information and bring available dogs, we'd love to hear from you!
- Celebrate with POOCH
Having a birthday or special celebration? Ask for donations to Project POOCH, Inc., in lieu of receiving gifts. You can collect funds or items from our Wish List. Wish List items and donations may be dropped off at our Outreach Office in Lake Oswego at 543 3rd Street, Suite C3. We only ask that you call in advance at 503-697-0623.
- Have a bake sale or lemonade stand with proceeds to benefit Project POOCH, Inc. We'll provide you with signage you can use at your stand – eEmail DeVida at DeVida@pooch.org for more information.
- Leave a Legacy of Compassion
One of the lasting ways you can support us is to include Project POOCH, Inc. in your will. It is very easy and only requires you to include some specific language in your will to designate Project POOCH, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, as a beneficiary. You can make an outright bequest by leaving a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your estate. Here is example bequest language to get you started:
I give, devise, and bequeath to Project POOCH, Inc., EIN: 93-1252054, 543 3rd Street, Suite C-3, Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034, ______% of my estate or the sum of $____________ (or describe stocks, bonds, life insurance, or other assets) to be used for the general purpose of helping incarcerated youth learn patience, responsibility and compassion by socializing, training and helping rehome shelter dogs.
- Contribute Through Global Giving
Project POOCH® is honored to be included among the projects supported by GlobalGiving!
- Become a POOCH® Program Partner
Your Partnership Changes Lives! Every dollar you donate to Project POOCH®’S Partnership directly benefits the dogs and the youths at Project POOCH®. Your donation helps to provide opportunities for youths in corrections to learn compassion, patience, responsibility, and respect for all life through training shelter dogs. Click on the picture at the right to download a form that suggests Partnership amounts and describes the impact that each donation has at the POOCH kennels.
Support for Project POOCH that's easy on your pocketbook
- Be a POOCH Ambassador
We are always looking for folks who are interested in representing Project POOCH, Inc., at area events. As we increase our involvement in the community, our need for ambassadors will also increase. It is a great way to show your support and help raise awareness about our work and our available dogs looking for their forever homes. Email DeVida at DeVida@pooch.org for more information.
- Do you walk your dog? Walk to get your morning coffee? Bike to work?
Well while you're at it you might as well raise money to help animals in need. ResQwalk is an app (iPhone or Android) that enables you to raise money for Project POOCH, Inc., every time you set out. This is how it works:
- Download the app from http://www.resqwalk.com, log in, and choose Project POOCH, Inc.
- Each time you set out on your walk, run, or bike ride, log in. Your distance is recorded and added to Project POOCH's weekly sum.
- Each week ResQwalk announces a donation pool (for example, $2,000). A portion of the weekly donation pool will be donated to us based on the miles you log! AWESOME!
- Wanna spoil your dog rotten or make your dog the coolest canine around? Then, purchase a BarkBox subscription. You'll save 10% on your purchase and Project POOCH will receive $15! How cool is that!?! Just CLICK HERE to go check it out! (The link includes the special code needed to let them know you're supporting Project POOCH: BBX1PRJCT)
- BarkBox just launched a brand new way to help YOU raise funds for Project POOCH. BarkShop, their new online destination for dog treats and toys, will now be making donations to us! For every purchase made with our unique code (BBX1PRJCT), they will donate 10% of the purchase price to Project POOCH! No limits, no expiration date. They have curated a selection of treats (all healthy and made in the USA) and pup-tested toys that will keep any dog happy. They even have a "Shop the Box" feature, where each month, BarkBox selections are available in stores so pupscribers can repurchase and non-pupscribers can snag the goodies they might have missed. Check it out: https://barkshop.com/
- Do you shop at Fred Meyer?
Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to Project POOCH at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for us by our name: Project POOCH or by our non-profit number: 91284. Then, every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping Project POOCH earn a donation! And yes, you still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, just as you do today.
Are you an online shopper?
Then we have the perfect way for you to support Project POOCH without paying an extra dime! Just look at all of the choices:
- Shopping with eScrip allows you to support up to three schools or nonprofits -- and we're hoping that Project POOCH is the first one you pick. CLICK HERE to learn more.
- One of the easiest ways to help is by signing up for a free iGive.com account. iGive is a free service where shopping at great stores like Amazon, jcpenney, Office Depot, HSN, Staples, QVC, Expedia, Lands' End, Groupon, Nordstrom, Dell, Macy's and Apple plus over 1,300 retailers causes those stores to donate a tiny percentage of the sale. That’s right, it comes out of their pocket, not yours! It’s easy, particularly if you get the iGive Button for your browser when you sign up – iGive does all the paperwork and keeps you posted on what’s going on. CLICK HERE to check it out!
- Just add this little app to your browser and when you visit any of their 2,500 major retail partner sites you automatically get: coupon alerts for great discounts; up to 20% of your purchase donated to Project POOCH; the option to add good search as your default search!
- Or how about supporting POOCH through the Amazon Smile program: